I bought both oat flour and almond meal to make lactation cookies last weekend, and was scouring for good recipes to use them. I happily stumbled on this muffin recipe that uses both, and I am very pleased with the outcome!
* 1 1/2 cups almond meal (or finely crushed almonds plus 1 tsp flour)
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/2 cup oat flour (found at health food stores)
* 1/4 cup Splenda
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
(you can use more spices if you're like me and like them a little on the strong side!)
* 1 small egg
* 1/4 cup agave nectar
* 1 1/4 cups skim milk
* 1/8 cup canola oil
1. Heat oven to 350°. Combine first set of ingredients (the drys) in a bowl.
2. Whisk the second set of ingredients (the wets) in a bowl. Incorporate into flour mixture and mix by hand for a few minutes. It's not supposed to be super smooth, don't worry! Little lumps are fine. Line a muffin tin with paper cups; fill each halfway with batter. Alternatively, use baking spray (I have Pam for baking and it is wonderful) Bake until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.